Caramelised White Chocolate Mousse
Caramelised white chocolate mousse, gin and rosemary sorbet, matcha meringue shards, matcha crumb
Created by University of Derby (2018/19)
Students: Ollie Rogers, Charlie D’Lima, Jake Miller
Lecturer: Leonard Cseh
500g cream cheese
65g caster sugar
125g white chocolate
½ pack digestives
175g caster sugar
tsp matcha tea
650g caster sugar
12g sorbet stabilizer
(400ml stock syrup)
2 egg white
tsp matcha tea
500g white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 130*C.
- Blend cream cheese with eggs until smooth consistency. Break up white chocolate and place in the oven for 10minuets until golden brown. In a large bowl, combine this with the sugar and melted white chocolate. Place mixture into gastronome and cook for 30 min at 130*C.
- Once cooked, allow to cool then blend until smooth. Chill down, and serve in square mold on top of base.
- Put sugar into a heavy base pan at low heat until caramelized.
- Add hazelnuts and take off the heat. (Don’t stir the sugar).
- Poor onto grease proof and allow to cool.
- Blend and combine with blended digestives and melted butter.
- Clingfilm required tin and pat base mix to even consistency.
- Whisk up the egg white add the sugar slowly, spread thin on greasproof, leave in hot place to dehydrate.
- Heat the water, the sugar, the rosemary and star anise in a pan until the sugar has dissolved then bring the mixture to the boil, leave to infuse.
- Flambé the gin then churn with the sugar stock in ice cream machine.
Temper white chocolate
- Heat to 45*c.
- Seed and cool to 28*c.
- Spread on greaseproof, drop it in ice water.