Sticky Toffee Chocolate Pudding
Sticky toffee chocolate pudding, chocolate shards, cigarillo, vanilla ice cream
Created by Loughborough College (2018/19)
Students: Isabel Morris, Tobias Booty, Kieran Rudolph
Lecturer: Darren Creed
Sticky toffee chocolate pudding
170g Country Range chocolate drops
150g chocolate drops for shards
262g chopped dates
262g self raising flour
3 egg yolks
85g caster sugar
2 vanilla pods
400ml double cream
100ml full fat milk
175g muscavado sugar
225ml double cream
90g Country Range chocolate drops
75 g corn flour
25g cocoa powder
30g cater sugar
- Boil dates and water for 5 minutes.
- Make a sabayon of the eggs and sugar.
- Add the scrapped out vanilla pod.
- Add the butter and combine.
- Add the flour and ensure its fully incorporated.
- Add the date and water mix, combine.
- Add the Country Range chocolate drops.
- Place into moulds, bake 8-12 minutes 175c.
- Bring the milk and cream to the boil.
- Make a sabayon from the eggs and sugar.
- Whisk the warm cream mixture slowly onto the sabayon.
- Return to the pan the thicken,add to an ice bath and chill.
- When cool add to machine and churn until set.
- Just before service add to paco jet.
- In a pan add the glucose, sugar and water.
- Boil to 158C.
- Add the chocolate to the sugar mix.
- Combine well, pour out and allow setting to start.
- Once a skin is forming pull to produce shards.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the melted butter.
- Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake 175c 10-15 mins.