Pan Seared Sea Bass
Pan seared sea bass, homemade chilli lime noodles, mushroom infused Asian broth
Created by Loughborough College (2018/19)
Students: Isabel Morris, Tobias Booty, Kieran Rudolph
Lecturer: Darren Creed
1 whole sea bass
250g 00 flour
1 tsp salt
5 Citra lime leaves
5 red chilli
100g wild mushrooms
2 sticks lemongrass
2 cloves garlic
10gg fresh turmeric
50ml Kikkoman ponzo citra soya sauce
3 egg whites
- Fillet seabass, pin bone, trim and cut into 4 equal size pieces.
- Score the top of the seabass, set aside in the fridge.
- On a dough hook mixer, place water and flour to begin needing.
- Thermo citra leaves, lime juice the pass through muslin cloth.
- Thermo chillies and pass through muslin cloth.
- Add the lime and chili to the water and flour.
- Sweat off onion and add in the rest of the vegetables.
- Take out leave to cool then add egg white to make a raft.
- Add water, soya, galangal.
- Leave for 45 minutes to simmer.
- Once the raft has come to the top break it and slowly ladle out the clear liquid.
- Take the dough, roll and cut in to noddle shape place in pan of boiling water.
- Plate as per photo.