Jamaican Gingerbread Soufflé
Jamaican gingerbread soufflé, chocolate ice cream, textures of chocolate
Created by Coventry College (2018/19)
Students: Alin Stoica, Daniel Langhorn, Bobbi Bayliss
Lecturer: James Brooke
625ml double cream
350g dark chocolate
160g caster sugar
100g dark brown sugar
100g soft flour
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 orange zest
60g ginger cake
- Place the chocolate with the butter in the and warm over a bain marie until blended together.
- Dissolve the sugar in the water and boil rapidly to a light syrup.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk trickling in the syrup as you go. Whisk in the cream then fold the melted chocolate through and churn in the ice cream machine.
- Make the panada with the Jamaica ginger cake and cool whisk up the egg whites with the brown sugar whisk in 1/3 of the mix then fold in gently the rest of the egg whites. Place mixture into the prepared ramekins and bake for 12- 1 minutes 180C.
- Serve with chocolate ice cream chocolate disk.