It’s official: the Country Range Student Chef Challenge is back and registration is now open for the latest batch of talented trainee chefs to truly test themselves and compete for glory at the Live Final in March 2022.
The prestigious challenge, which has been pushing, priming and promoting the nation’s apprentice chefs for over 25 years, is open to colleges with hospitality and catering courses from across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The challenge takes students out of their comfort zones and assesses core kitchen and teamwork skills in line with the VRQ syllabus in professional cookery.
Teams of three full-time hospitality and catering students must work together to devise a delicious three-course menu that showcases technique, teamwork and knowledge of flavour.
The menu must consist of smoked fish canapes, a Guineafowl main course and a tart with a crumble topping for dessert. The dishes need to be prepared, cooked and presented to a high standard within 90 minutes.
- Official Challenge Launch – 1st September
- Paper judging deadline – 26th November 2021.
- Paper judging – early December 2021.
- Practical regional heats – late January and early February 2022.
- Challenge Live Final at the Hotel, Restaurant & Catering Show at Excel in London – 22nd March 2022.
In addition to the incredible all-round experience, the following prizes are also on offer to the winners and team finishing runners up:
- An overnight stay and meal at a Michelin star restaurant
- A stage working with the talented team and learning what Michelin-level cooking is all about at the same restaurant
- A free media publicity campaign around the winners, their dishes and the college.
- The winning lecturer and the two runner-up teams will receive special Flint & Flame knives.
To find out more and to register, click the link – https://www.countryrangestudentchef.co.uk/entry-form/