With just two weeks to go until the Country Range Student Chef Challenge deadline for entries, competition organiser Kate Bancroft is urging colleges and students thinking of entering to get involved before it’s too late.
The competition, which is run in conjunction with the Craft Guild of Chefs, is widely regarded as the pinnacle for catering students looking to showcase their culinary skills under intense competition conditions.
Kate Bancroft, Country Range Group Marketing Manager and Competition Organiser, said:
“Interest in the Challenge has never been as high after students and colleges have starved of competition these past few years. We’re already receiving some fantastic applications so for those who haven’t started, it’s time to get your skates on and get your menus devised and tested before it’s too late. The Challenge provides young chefs with the perfect opportunity to improve and test themselves against the best and can add huge value to their CVs and career prospects.”
This year’s Challenge requires teams of three full-time hospitality and catering students from colleges around England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to devise a delicious three-course menu that showcases their technique, knowledge of flavour and teamwork skills.
The menu must consist of smoked fish canapes, a guineafowl main course and a tart with a crumble topping for dessert. The dishes need to be prepared, cooked and presented to a high standard within 90 minutes.
Student chefs and college lecturers wanting to enter a team are required to apply online via www.countryrangestudentchef.co.uk before the deadline on the 26th November 2021.
- Paper judging deadline – 26th November 2021.
- Paper judging – early December 2021.
- Practical regional heats – late January and early February 2022.
- Live Final at the Hotel, Restaurant & Catering Show at Excel in London – 22nd March 2022.
- An overnight stay and meal at a Michelin star restaurant.
- A stage working with the talented team and learning what Michelin-level cooking is all about at the same restaurant.
- A free media publicity campaign around the winners, their dishes and the college.
- The winning lecturer and the two runner-up teams will receive special Flint & Flame knives.
To find out more and to register, click the link – https://www.countryrangestudentchef.co.uk/entry-form/.