Colleges announced for Country Range Student Chef Challenge final
The colleges and lecturers responsible for the student teams going through to the final of the Country Range Student Chef Challenge have been announced.
The competition, now in its 22nd year, will come to a close on Thursday 3rd March as part of Hotelympia 2016. It targets teams of three full time student chefs studying hospitality or catering college courses and requires the preparation, cooking and presentation of a three-course, two-cover menu.
For the 2015/16 challenge competing teams have been asked to go ‘Freestyle’ by presenting a menu that embraces the modern trend for clean, well portioned and precisely executed cooking.
Menus must be produced using a maximum of £8 worth of ingredients per cover and should be balanced with the three courses working well together.
The winning team will receive a five-day work experience week assisting the Craft Guild of Chefs culinary team at the Culinary Olympics in Germany.
- The full list of colleges and lecturers are as follows:The City of Liverpool College – Ian A Jaundoo, executive chef
- City of Glasgow College – Gary Maclean, senior lecturer
- Loughborough College – Darren Creed, chef lecturer
- Hereford and Ludlow College – Stuart Leggett, chef lecturer
- South Eastern Regional College – Michael Gillies, lecturer in hospitality and catering
- Wirral Metropolitan College – Mr Castree, chef lecturer
- Westminster Kingsway College – Norman Fu, chef lecturer
- University of West London – Martin Taylor, lecturer
- South Eastern Regional College (Lisburn Campus) – Ruth Doherty, course tutor
The live final takes place on March 3 at Hotelympia 2016 and we wish all of the competing colleges and teams good luck in the final!